How do you achieve the key elements for the CI transformation? First, get familiar with the elements to change the company culture from traditional to continuous improvement successfully. Those elements are the following.
- Leadership buy-in and support
- Culture change, lean thinking & people’s development
- Effective Communication every step of the way
- Use the right CI tools, create your own toolbox
- Continuous improvement everywhere, every day, by everybody
How to achieve the key elements for the transformation?
As the owner or top leader of your organization, you are responsible for the transformation execution. Therefore, the implementation is something that you should not delegate. It is ok if you don’t know how to do it. If you are not familiar with it, find a responsible coach to guide you through this journey.
The key elements for the success of the continuous improvement transformation are fundamental to achieve a change in behaviors. The change starts with the leadership buy-in and support. They drive the conversion communicating the why, and how. Also, they modeled the new behaviors. Moreover, they learn and teach their team the new way to think and how to use the new tools.
What are your responsibilities?
But which are your responsibilities as a top leader? There are a few steps or actions that you would need to follow while reconstructing the culture. The following actions make the transformation possible.
- Review job environment and satisfaction
- Develop our people first and motivate participation
- Demand leadership responsibility
- Develop new behavior patterns
- Promote lean thinking and insist on following the new methods and tools
The success of the new culture and CI implementation is based on communication and teamwork. Also, the alignment between objectives and actions, motivation, and training. Regardless of how difficult the journey may be, always use Lean Thinking as your North.